China fires 'dozens of missiles' in show of strength during live-fire drills near North Korea as tension escalates over Kim Jong-un's ambitious nuclear test
The live drill took place yesterday in the Yellow Sea and Bohai Gulf in China
- The waters are adjacent to the Korean Peninsula
- It comes as China backed UN Security Council sanctions against North Korea
Trump says North Korea will be met with 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' if it threatens U.S.
- President Trump delivered his fiercest warning yet to North Korea this afternoon
- North Korea warned that the United States would 'pay dearly' for the United Nations sanctions regime it successfully imposed over the weekend
- Also threatened 'physical action' and a 'mobilization of all its national strength'
- Trump told the country's leader that additional threats of violence against the U.S. 'will be met with the fire and the fury like the world has never seen'
- Trump previously said: 'After many years of failure,countries are coming together to finally address the dangers posed by North Korea. We must be tough & decisive!'
- Russia and China reluctantly signed on to a United Nations resolution that puts a hard stop to a third of North Korea's export revenue
- US officials believe Kim Jong-Un has built a miniaturized warhead for missiles and are ramping up their rhetoric in turn
- Defense Intelligence officials say he now has 60 nuclear weapons in his arsenal