Trump launches airstrikes on Damascus in response to 'evil and despicable' chemical attack by 'monster' Assad and directly challenges Putin: 'What kind of a nation wants to be associated with the mass murder of innocent men, women and children?'
- Donald Trump has announced he has ordered 'precision strikes' on Syria
- Strikes are retaliation for the poison gas attack that killed 60 people on April 7
- It is a 'combined operation' with France and the United Kingdom, president said
- Explosions have lit up skies over Syrian capital, Damascus, according to reports
- Syrian TV reports that Syrian air defenses have responded to the attack
- Trump warned Russia and Iran about their association with Syrian government